Yes, it is true…we did it!! And, considering the amount of time since I last blogged, a new leaf that has NOT turned over would be the leaf of updating more often. Sorry…
I don’t even know where to start other than we had an absolute blast the week of the wedding, at the wedding and at the reception! It was so fun to have family and friends celebrating with us! Here are some of my favorite highlights:
- Jon and I go downtown to get our Marriage License and take notice of the large, dark clouds looming overhead. We park far away (of course), get our Marriage License (really easy and fast!) and walk outside to find it is POURING. Jon being the wonderful man that he is, ran through the rain to get our car. THANK YOU!!
- My best friend, Jordan, came in town a day early so we could have some “us” time. I was really excited to treat us to Starbucks via a gift card I had received. We get there, order our drinks and I can’t find the card. Starbucks response? “It’s on us!” WOOHOO!! Jordan and I had a great time sipping on our free drinks and pretty much closed the place down.
- On Thursday, Jon drops Jordan and I off at the airport to pick up our college roommate and good friend, Stephanie, up at the airport. We were quite a bit early, so we take a seat in the only empty seats we could find: 2 stools behind the information-type desk in front of the escalators. We’re there no longer than 5 minutes when people start coming up to us asking us where their flight is, which baggage claim is theirs (in Spanish…), etc. Mind you, Jordan and I are in comfy clothes and definitely NOT looking like we work there. We did our best to help them and no one came back. I consider that a success!
- Thursday night was my bachelorette/lingerie party and we had so much fun! My sis-in-laws totally embarrassed me, but we definitely bonded 🙂 It was really great to see family, old friends and new friends come together and “shower” me in a unique way. ‘Nuff said.
- By Friday, all my bridesmaids had made it into town. We had a bridesmaids’ luncheon at my Granny’s house and it was such a special time. We ended the luncheon with a prayer that included all of us crying and cherishing the moment. After lunch, we all got pedicures. So fun!
- Friday night was our rehearsal and rehearsal dinner! This is when everything really sank in…all these people were here to celebrate for us and with us.
- Saturday was the big day!! My mom, Claire and I got manicures in the morning. Aimee and I got our hair done together. Shirlee, a sweet friend from when we were little, did my make-up, and we were up at the church by 4 to get dressed and take pictures!